Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time : July 12 - 18

This is a great week to grow in a sense of not being alone. It is so difficult to find intimacy with God in the midst of our everyday lives if we go through our lives, either trying to do it alone or simply not acknowledging the fact that God is always with us. We could make this the special gift we ask for each week: “Lord, let me know and experience that you are with me, every day, all the time.”
If we walk through each day this week with a little more confidence in God’s presence, God’s merciful love for us, God’s protection and care for us, then the Gospel message of Jesus can find a way into our hearts much more freely. Imagine, if with this confidence, we could start asking Jesus:
Lord, I don’t want to keep seeking myself this week. I don’t want to be so absorbed in my needs , I want to find myself, the life you offer me, by surrendering more, by letting go of what I cling to. Help me be freer this afternoon and when I get home from work.”
We could make this prayer, have this conversation with Jesus, while walking from one place to another, while shopping, over a lunch break, while doing laundry, sitting at an airport or driving to a meeting . This week, we can find concrete times in our week, in real encounters and responsibilities of our very busy lives to say these or similar words:
“Lord, help me to be more childlike today. Help me simply come to you when I’m burdened or just tired, rather than all the other places I tend to go for relief. Let me be yoked to you as I carry out the promises of my life today. Free me from my impatience and tendency to judge others. Teach me how showing others the mercy you have showed me is more important that my hard driving sacrifice.”
May Lord Jesus be with each one of us today , this week and to the eand of times . Amen

No comments:


Eternal Father, I offer You the most precious blood of thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, for those in my own home and in my family. Amen